Come join in the musical alchemy of Soluna’s Intimum Mysterium and participate in Dunsmuir’s first . $5 to 10 donation.
Soluna’s Intimum Mysterium (aka Craig Maupin / DJ Mysterium) is an electronic musical tapestry of deep, heart-felt, and tripped-out sonic journeys. As ambient alchemy unfolds around you, let the rhythms unwind and rock your bones… breathe, holding in conscious stillness until it’s time to fly! You are the star no rehearsals necessary! This is a public community freeform dance and musical immersion!
1. No Talking. Making sounds is welcomed and encouraged, conversations are not. Please exit the building if speaking is found necessary (quietly).
2. Space and stillness can be taken at any time for those who desire a peaceful space to sit, listen to the musical journey, and contemplate life.
3. DANCE means creative MOVEMENT (of any kind).
4. TEMPLE means a SAFE and CREATIVE space. 5. THEATRE means have FUN, be SILLY, and the option for THEATRICS (costumes and outrageous garb is welcomed).
6. Solo dancers and partner dancers are welcome. Respect must be paid to one another’s dance space!
7. When approaching others to dance: a. “Listen” for a YES (get eye contact and positive gesture first). b. Respect any form of NO (if ignored, moved away from, or negatively gestured). c. Hands in Prayer at Heart means: “I see you and thank you for the dance; I’m doing my own thing now.”
8. A drug and alcohol free event. Be yourself, raw and as you are, as much as possible!
9. No cameras, video, or the wearing of scents (respect our safe space).
10. No shoes while dancing (barefoot dancing is encouraged). This is a transformational space for Healing and Freeform Movement!
OUTLINE OF EVENT (120 Minutes of Music and Movement + Reading + Closing Circle)
1. First 40 Minutes.
a. Quiet introductory ambient music (soundscape).
i. Allows participants to stretch and ground their energy.
ii. Allows time for breathing, listening, and meditation.
b. Peak rhythmic music after 20 minutes.
c. Slow wind-down for Inspirational Reading.
2. Inspirational Reading and/or brief instruction (+/- 10 Minutes). a. Inspirational / Spiritual (non-religious) reading from an inspirational author. b. Option for brief instructions in movements and exercises.
3. Last 80 Minutes (same ad First 40 Minutes – above).
4. Closing Circle: Typically “Names” are spoken (of everyone in the circle), then “Shareback” occurs (People sharing their experience during the dance (not a time for world musings, or invocations, but actual experiences during the dance), and finally “Community Announcements”. “Final Moments” can involve an OM, Moments of Silence, Ringing of a Bell, Giving Thanks, Sounding, Clapping, etc.