Pops is pleased to host The Ol’ Dunsmuir Faire in their courtyard from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on Saturday, September 28. Crave Restaurant will be providing a delicious fare of street tacos, sliders and smoked pizza.
11 am to 1 pm: Billy Owens on Keys 1 to 3 pm Wild Roots Kid’s Music
Jazz in the Canyon T-shirts
Sage & Stone Jewelry
LP Design T-shirts
Gypsy Bones Jewelry
Terry Cole Whitaker with T-shirt Art for Kids
Kindred Gardens will offering fall garden plans
Ghambeera’s International Treasures
Robin Johnson Jewelry
Robin Johnson crafts.
Kathleen’s Sewing Creations
T-shirts by Cool Watts Designs
We are so excited to have another faire at Pops. It will be happening on Saturday, May 4 from 10 am to 2 pm. Spring, Music, Art, Books, Crafts, Jewelry, Massage. Fun!
10 to 11:30 am Singer Songwriter Allison Scull on guitar
11:30 to 12:30 pm New Dunsmuir Local Tim Shrum will play Grateful Dead tunes
12:30 to 2 pm Rick Garrett – Latin fingerstyle guitar
Photographer Heinz Danzberger & Sculptor Grace Rodriguez
Vendors so far:
• Dunsmuir Community Garden will have plant starts available for you garden for donations! Yay!
• Allie Sibner, a new yoga teacher in Dunsmuir, will be offering henna tattoos (organic temporary plant based tattoos), and handmade crystal jewelry and malas.
• Amber Treat from Shop Around the Corner Books will be selling her collection of classic and vintage books. She has a selection of books from the 1890’s to the 1950’s.
• Kathleen’s hand sewn aprons, table runners, adult bibs, potholders, and similar items for the kitchen
* Dunsmuir’s Magic Mountain Massage & Wellness will be offering chair massages for $1/per minute
• Dunsmuir T-shirts, Fairy Gardens and Fairy Houses by Cool Watts Design
• Amanda Parker from Sage n Stone Jewelry will bring her jwares all the way from Napa
• Bryan Boyle at Autumn Woods – Furniture, Bowls, Sculpture, Cutting Boards and Utensils (often incorporating stone inlay) is about mating elegance with simplicity, and artistry with functionality.
• Shastica will be selling her biodynamic body care product.
• Judy, one of our favorite Dunsmuirians, will be offering her homemade crafts
• Usborne Books & More with interactive, educational and unique books for baby to young adult. They also offer fundraisers and book fairs for schools, libraries, churches or any organization of your choice.
If you are a vendor and would like to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tables are $40.
Local artisans, photographers, crafters, and musicians will be offering their art and wares at the Ol’ Dunsmuir May 5 from 9 am to 2 pm. Bring your bicycles, as local bicycle man Travis Bowman will be on hand to fix bicycles. The faire will take place on the outdoor patio at Pops Performing Arts & Cultural Center at 5819 Sacramento Avenue in Dunsmuir, California. (If it’s raining, we’ll bring festivities inside.) Entrance is free.
The entertainment schedule will be as follows:
9 to 11 am Allison Scull will play her original folk/reggae songs. Vocals and Guitar
11 am to 1 pm Rick Garrett – fingerstyle guitar
Vendors attending the faire.
– Electric Lons Tye Dye for kids and adults
– Fortunate Words are inspirational quotes folded into paper fortune-style cookies. These sweet little gems are meant to bring you blessings of joy, enlightenment, and peace. I have Food For Your Soul, Whispers From God, and Fortunes for Kids available. Custom orders are encouraged (Birthdays, graduation, holidays, teacher gift, newlyweds, new baby……). Handmade with Love in Palo Cedro. https://www.fortunatewords9.com/
-Parents will be able to sign their kids age up to 5 years for a free book per month, via the Dolly Parton Imagination Library sponsored by First 5 Siskiyou Children and Families Commission
– Gael Ruby Tea Leaf Readings. You’ll also be able to see her gorgeous photography from the local area and from her travels in Europe
-Gorgeous Dunsmuir T-shirts by Dunsmuirian Lori Rae Watts
– Robin Johnson will offer handmade crochet items for babies and the kitchen
– Mount Shasta Arts & Healing Center will be offering “Handmade in Mt. Shasta” beautiful beeswax candles, crystal trees, spiritual wands, sacred geometry shirts, healing essences, and my artwork, handmade jewelry and other whimsical and elegant gift items
– Tria – Crocheted hats, sweaters and really cute top
– Local Dunsmuirian Andy Davey will be selling his pipes made of exotic wood
– Judy’s Crafts for the home and more
– Robin S. Johnson will be offering her handcrafted jewelry made in Dundmuir
The Ol’ Dunsmuir Faire the first Saturday of every month in the charming historic district of Dunsmuir, just south of Mt. Shasta. Crafts, Food, Art, Antiques, Music will be offered created by local artisans and other creators. Each one is a little different. At this particular one Liza Wood will be offering New Orleans-style Muffuleta sandwiches and potato salad for your 4th of July picnics, and music will on the outdoor patio.
9 to 10 am Rob Renick on Guitar 10 to 11 am Allison Scull – Original Ballads – vocals, guitar 11 to 1 pm Rick Garrett, Latin fingerstyle guitar 9 to 1 pm Parents can sign their 0-5 and receive a free book a month through the Dolly Parton imagination library.
Liza Wood’s Special July 4 Meal
$ 8 – Muffuletta Sandwich: the classic New Orleans specialty…. it will be a whole loaf of bread filled with mortadella, salame, provolone, and a handmade “muffuletta mix” which is a chunky spread made with chopped olives, peppers, garlic, pepperoncini, pickled vegetables and olive oil….(vegetarian option will be the same loaf of bread filled with roasted eggplant, peppers, goat cheese, pesto, spinach)
$3-4 Maque Choux Potato Salad : Maque Choux is a Louisiana dish of freshly shucked corn with peppers, scallions, celery and crayfish….I will use these ingredients to make a red potato salad (i can leave out the crayfish for those of you who might be leery)….with handmade creme fraiche…